We work tirelessly to ensure our business processes are optimised and our best practices are as efficient and effective as possible, to reduce our impact on the environment and maximise our sustainability efforts. These include:
- Investing in communications technology, including conference calling and video calling facilities, to reduce the need for site-to-site travel.
- Utilising smart warehousing and logistics to optimise storage and deliveries and reduce carbon emissions.
- Optimising the efficiency of energy and resource use, including office lighting and electricity, paper usage and recycling.
Distrupol prioritises safety and sustainability in every aspect of what we do. To find out more about our quality and safety processes, click here.
Operation Clean Sweep® is an international initiative to reduce plastic pellet loss to the environment, led by the British Plastics Federation in the UK. The initiative’s aim is to ensure that the plastic pellets, flakes and powders that go through manufacturing facilities are handled with care and do not end up in our oceans. Distrupol’s commitment to Operation Clean Sweep® means that we adhere to best practices and implement systems to reduce plastic pellet loss throughout our supply chain.
Distrupol, a Univar Solutions company
Univar Solutions’ commitment to sustainability is embedded throughout the Distrupol business. Together, we recognise that sustainability is more than reducing our impacts, but instead is an all-encompassing social, economic and environmental philosophy. As a global enterprise, we have a value driven approach to business and a conviction that sustainable business is key to our collective success.
In 2018, Univar Solutions became a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, emphasising the ongoing dedication to responsible business. The UN Global Compact is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals.
For more information on Univar Solutions’
sustainability strategy, please visit
Distrupol is proud to partner with a range of supply partners who develop and incorporate recycled, renewably-sourced and sustainable polymer materials into their portfolios. These include, but are not limited to, DuPont™, Chi Mei, INEOS, Hexpol, Biffa® Polymers and H. J. Enthoven.
Our extensive sustainable polymer solutions portfolio features innovative polymers which deliver high-quality results with a reduced impact to the environment.
- Hytrel® RS & Zytel® RS - renewably-sourced engineering biopolymers from DuPont™
- PVOH (Polyvinyl Alcohol) - water-soluble polymer
- Distrupol Pre-CW - pre-consumer waste, reprocessed polypropylene
- Recycl-IN - compounded polymers featuring post-consumer recycled plastic from INEOS
- BIFFA r-HDPE & BIFFA r-PP Compound - recycled HDPE and post-consumer polypropylene compounds from Biffa® Polymers
- Enthoven Recycled PPC - recycled polypropylene copolymer from H. J. Enthoven
- Dryflex® Circular - TPEs featuring post-consumer and pre-consumer recycled material from Hexpol
For more information on our portfolio of sustainable polymers, please get in touch.
Distrupol’s dedicated Development Engineer team have been supporting manufacturers across Europe to develop innovative, effective and results-driven plastic parts and products for over 50 years.
Over recent years, part of this service has become more prominently about developing sustainable polymer solutions. With extensive knowledge, industry awareness and a genuine passion for plastic manufacturing, our development engineers work with customers, manufacturers and OEMs to make plastic components more sustainable.
Each project is unique, and there is a variety of ways to make polymer processing more sustainable. However, by working in partnership with Distrupol, we can support you to make informed decisions about your sustainability efforts. This could include:
- Redesigning parts to require less plastic material.
- Improving processibility of material to reduce energy usage.
- Replacing materials to make parts more durable and less likely to need disposing of and replacing.
- Incorporating more materials from our sustainable polymer portfolio into a project.
Find out more about our value-added sustainability services here.